Wairoa0800 924 762
|Address:||252 Marine Parade|
|Phone:||(06) 838 3104|
The Gaiety Theatre was Wairoa's first cinema. It was originally built in 1928, collapsed in the 1931 earthquake but was quickly rebuilt. It closed its doors in the late 1960s but was reopened again, reinstated to its former glory, in the mid-1990s. It is a venue for screenings, live shows and themed events.
From the Information Centre head towards the roundabout. Turn right down Marine Parade and continue into the second block. The Theatre on the right.
For more information about the Gaiety Theatre and the programme click here.